Rogue Slice Sled Review: Perfect for Home or Gym Use
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links on this website may link to vendors which are "affiliate links". If you click on a link I may receive a commission!
The Rogue Slice Sled This is a push/pull weight sled that is made out of steel. It can stand up to difficult work and it also folds flat. You can stack them on top of each other so you save space when you are not using them.
The Slice Sled is Rogue‘s first steel speed sled with dual push/drag capability. This means that it can be pushed or pulled. It also has a weight post so you can change the weight easily.
The unit comes with two handles that are upright. These same handles can be found on the Dog Sled, which is popular. The folding weight post has also been carried over from their Fat Boy and E Slides.
This sled weighs 65LB and it is made of steel. A 14″ bolt-on center post can hold 300LB depending on the type of plate used. Customers can also add on a set of 0.5″ thick UHMW plastic skis. When you mount these skis to the bottom of your sled, it will greatly reduce the chance of damage to your gym floor.
Rogue Slice Sled
QUALITY STEEL CONSTRUCTION
With a laser-cut hole, sled strap, and carabiner also included, the Slice Sled is very versatile. It is a good choice for home gyms and big box gyms with many different kinds of athletes.
Here’s a rundown of what we’ll provide in this Rogue Slice Sled review:
- First we’ll share the features and benefits that you’ll find useful
- Next, we’ll take a look at the drawbacks you might need to know about
- Then, we’ll tell you a bit about the Rogue company
- And finally we’ll provide a sampling of actual customer and Independent reviews to give you better insight into the product.
Sound good? Let’s get started!
Features and Benefits of the Rogue Slice Sled
- MAXIMUM VERSATILITY – The Slice Sled is a hybrid design that erases the notion of what portable, storage-friendly sleds offer an athlete. It has uprights and a laser-cut hole where you can run the carabiner and strap through for transport.
- FOLD-FLAT POST – Trainers and coaches who regularly transport or store sleds will benefit from this innovation. The 14 weight post attaches to the base of the sled and can hold a load weighing over 300 pounds, depending on the type of plates being used.
- QUALITY STEEL CONSTRUCTION – The Rogue Slice Sled is constructed of 0.25″ thick laser cut steel with a black powdercoat finish. This one-piece construction is both amazingly durable and compact, with a total footprint of 27.5” x 22.75”
- PART OF THE ROGUE SLED SERIES – The Slice Sled is a hybrid between our existing weight sleds, and therefore can be used in conjunction to pre-existing products or as an introduction to the Rogue series.
- OPTIONAL SKIS FOR FLOOR PROTECTION – The 0.5″ thick UHMW plastic skis can help reduce the risk of damage to gym flooring when using the Slice Sled indoors. The skis attach by being bolted to the underside of the Slice Sled.
- ROGUE SHIPPING – Rogue is proud to offer fast, professional shipping with same-day delivery times. Slice Sled ships their products efficiently through UPS ground but requires minimal assembly upon arrival.
Special Features (Pros) of the Rogue Slice Sled
Simple & Easy to Transport – People absolutely love the ability to pack this up small and take it with them when they are looking to workout someplace unique, like parks or other areas. It is simple and pain free to load and unload from vehicles.
Heavy Duty Quality Construction – Built tough and with quality in mind, the sled will handle anything you throw at it without issue and without complaint.
Easy to Store – This sled fits easily up against a wall, totally out of the way for any garage style space, it’s not so heavy which makes it easier to move around than other sleds.
Drawbacks (Cons) for the Rogue Slice Sled
Grass is Pull Only – Many people have had issue when pushing over grass that the tip bites in and digs into the ground ending the ability to move forward.
Wish it Had a Higher Lip – Like the above complaint of driving into the ground, having a higher front lip would help to make sure if not perfectly aligned the lip wouldn’t bite into the ground.
Video: Rogue Slice Sled
About the Rogue Company
The Rogue mission really is pretty simple when it comes to principles, but it’s also not the “easy” way—otherwise, everyone would be doing it. What good thing ever came easy, though?
One step in front of the other, they will take the mountain. See you on the other side.
Rogue Slice Sled Reviews
Looking at the features and benefits is great, but taking a look at what real-and-actual customers have to say about a product offers a deeper dive of insight.
Here we’ve curated reviews that reflect the Rogue Slice Sled, providing feedback from product users and reviewers on independent review sites as well as online.
Independent Reviews and Recommendations for the Rogue Slice Sled
The rogue slice sled is the most attractive sled from Rogue in the lower price ranges. It easy to store, still comes with uprights, does not cost too much and can load up to 300lbs. I personally think the smaller sleds are a bit pointless and otherwise, you will have to use a bit more money.Read More
What Customers Have to Say About the Rogue Slice Sled
Rated consistently with good reviews online, this fitness sled comes highly recommended.
I have the slice for my home gym.. I tried it without the plastic skids at first and it’s virtually unusual on pavement. With the skids it’s great.. very similar in feel to the Rogue dog sled we use at the gym. The slice breaks down for storage and takes up very little room which is why I went with it. I don’t think there’s any way you could push it on grass though.
I purchased the Slice late last fall. The reviews are correct regarding when you push the sled in grass. It totally angles into a nose dive making it impossible to get anywhere. The Slice comes with two straps that you can attach for pulling….they suck. I went and spent some extra $$ on the Rogue harness. That is much more comfortable and pulling the sled in my backyard was a solid workout. I haven’t tried pushing the Slice on concrete/asphalt yet.
I bought one this past summer. Works great. I can easily carry it from my garage to my backyard. I would push it from one end of my yard to the other. Sometimes I would have one or more of my kids hop on for a ride. I didn’t find it digging into my grass. Great conditioning workout.
Final Thoughts on the Rogue Slice Sled
When you are looking to have a sled to work out with at home or you own a gym then the Rogue Slice is a near perfect fit for you in cost and quality, with a long lifespan and a durable material built to take the beatings.
Compare to Other Sleds on Amazon
|Happybuy Fitness Training Sled 21Inch, Heavy High Training Sled, Speed Training Sled for Athletic Exercise and Speed Improvement (K31)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||XPO Trainer Push Sled | BEST Indoor-Outdoor Workout Sled for Speed Agility Training, Resistance and Strength Training, CrossFit, Football, Conditioning, Rehab | Power Sled for Elite Athletes||Prime||Buy Now|
|Econ Prowler Weighted Push Sled/Add Plates for More Resistance/Resistance, Strength Training, & Conditioning Equipment/Easy Assembly and Storage with Detachable Handles||Prime||Buy Now|
|Rage Fitness CF-SL000 R2 Weighted Training Pull Sled, Black||Prime||Buy Now|