Rogue RML-690C Power Rack 3.0 Review: Garage Gym Gear
As an affiliate, we may earn from qualifying purchases. We get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. You can read more on our Affiliate Disclaimer here.
For those looking to build a solid home gym that their friends and family will envy, look no further than at this beast of a rack. The Rogue RML-690C Power Rack 3 is built to last with the ability to add on attachments to make your gym life more convenient!
Optimized for rock-solid stability and space-efficient plate storage, the latest version also includes a wide range of custom color finish options, a new back-nameplate, the Slinger-compatible cross members, and your choice of either numbered or unnumbered uprights.
- EXCLUSIVE CUSTOM COLOR FINISH OPTIONS – Order the RML-690C 3.0 rack in a wide range of custom, semi-gloss color finishes, available to select from the options menu.
- QUALITY ROGUE CONSTRUCTION + MEGA STORAGE – The RML-690C uses heavy-duty 3×3″ 11-gauge square laser-cut steel uprights with 5/8″ diameter SAE grade 5 bolt hardware.
- COMBINE WITH OTHER MONSTER LITE PRODUCTS – You can customize your system with the addition of a bar, bench, plates, or a range of compatible tools and accessories designed specifically for the Rogue Monster Lite Series.
This Rogue Rack is bulletproof and built to last a lifetime!
Here’s a rundown of what we’ll provide in this Rogue RML-690C Power Rack 3.0 review:
- First, we’ll share the features and benefits that you’ll find useful
- Next, we’ll take a look at the drawbacks you might need to know about
- Then, we’ll tell you a bit about the Rogue Fitness company
- And finally, we’ll provide a sampling of the actual customer and Independent reviews to give you better insight into the product.
Sound good? Let’s get started!
Specifications of the Rogue RML-690C Power Rack 3.0
- Made in Columbus, OH, USA
- Custom Rogue Semi Gloss Powdercoat Color Finish
- Black Zinc 5/8” bolts and fasteners
- 3×3” 11-Gauge Steel – 90” Height
- Footprint: 80” x 53”
- West Side Hole Pattern – 1” through bench and clean pull zone then 2” spacing above and below
- NEW Stabilizing Rogue Nameplate – MG Black crossmember, Texture Black laser-cut Rogue branding
- NEW Holes in top/bottom of crossmembers for Slinger compatibility
- NEW – Choice of uprights with or without laser-cut numbering
- (1) 43” Single Skinny Pull-Up Bar
- (2) Monster Lite J-Cups with UHMW plastic inserts
- (2) Easy-install Pin/Pipe Safeties for squats, bench, and deadlifts from any height
- (4) Band Pegs
- (8) Plate Storage Pegs
- Does not need to be bolted to floor
Special Features (Pros) of the Rogue RML-690C Power Rack 3.0
Good Cost To Value Ratio – The Rogue RML 690C is a bit lighter on the budget than its bigger brother the RM6.
Tremendous Storage Potential – The Rogue RML-690C provides storage options and space to train multiple athletes and hold plates at the same time.
Choice of Colors – It comes in different colors to fit your taste or gym setup depending on how you want to express your branding. These colors have a long-lasting surface and it isn’t a cheap coating.
Safety Built In – Rogue offers many options for safety equipment that is to ensure heavy lifts don’t get out of hand. Rogue helps make it possible for you to do heavy lifts without a spotter without exposing yourself to injury or equipment damage.
Drawbacks (Cons) for the Rogue RML-690C Power Rack 3.0
Do You Need The Half Rack – Think about how you will use the additional half rack, as otherwise, it will only be a waste of valuable floor space.
Video: Rogue RML-690C Power Rack 3.0
About the Rogue Fitness Company
The Industrial Revolution 2.0 is something they take a tremendous amount of pride in at Rogue. Their mission early on was as much philosophical as it was anything else.
Since day one, they have worked to source locally whenever possible. Over the past few decades, many of the local communities have lost their factories and places where men and women took pride in what they made every day. Many of these communities have been left with empty Main streets and crises of various sorts.
When reading about any product on the Rogue site, they encourage you to look for the “Made in the USA” logo and “Made in the USA” references in the Gear Specs to determine if it’s an American-made item.
Rogue RML-690C Power Rack 3.0 Reviews
Looking at the features and benefits is great, but taking a look at what real-and-actual customers have to say about a product offers a deeper dive into some helpful insight.
Here we’ve curated reviews that reflect the Rogue RML-690C Power Rack 3.0, providing feedback from product users and reviewers on independent review sites as well as online reviews from forums.
Independent Reviews and Recommendations for the Rogue RML-690C Power Rack 3.0
The Rogue RML 690C is a great option for home gyms or commercial gyms for mere mortals. Be mindful about the space you have before buying the 690 versions of Rogues racks. If you do not know what to do with the half rack at the back, go for something smaller.Read More
If you are prepared to spend the money, have a plan for installation, and are comfortable picking and choosing upgrades at additional cost, we can’t recommend the Rogue RML-690C enough.
Its 3 by 3-inch steel framing, with extra mounting holes that are numbered for reference, will facilitate the micro-tearing your muscles need to grow. Just make sure you have some consistent lifting experience under your belt, and that this is the best rack for your space and your needs. It’s wise to make sure you know your way around a lifting gym before you start your own or bring this mammoth rig into your garage (which is totally possible).Read More
What Customers Have to Say About the Rogue RML-690C Power Rack 3.0
Rated year after year consistently with good reviews online, this power rack comes highly recommended.
This is what you need! I was going to go with one of the smaller racks but glad I spent the little extra money and got this one. SUPER EASY TO PUT TOGETHER!!!!
Perfect! Has to be the top rack in the game. Built like a tank, easy to put together, and rogue customer service can’t be beat. I foresee this being the last rack I’ll ever need to buy.
Awesome Rig! Purchased this rig to update our home gym; it’s even better than expected. Very well built and robust. Chose not to bolt it to the concrete floor, and it’s still unmoving and rigid.
Arrived in perfect condition, with no flaws or missing parts. So pleased with Rogue quality that we ordered plates and other add-ons the next week. It’s a great product.
We had a few questions about the add-ons, and the Customer Service techs were very helpful. We did feel compelled to tip the UPS guy–this beast arrived in LOTS of heavy packages!
Final Thoughts on the Rogue RML-690C Power Rack 3.0
My wife and I found Rogue Fitness for home workout setups and have been amazed at the quality and overall craftsmanship. With the current stay-at-home issues over the virus having a personal gym has become much more of my focus.
Purchasing the Rogue Fitness gear has allowed me and my wife to work out on a timetable that fits us. Also, this allows me to skip the gym as I always feel like people are staring and I am self-conscious of how I look still.
I can’t recommend them highly enough, they aren’t the most inexpensive but compared to a monthly charge for a gym membership you do start to become profitable over time by saving the monthly expense.