NordicTrack RW900 Review: Excellent Full Body Workouts
As an affiliate, we may earn from qualifying purchases. We get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. You can read more on our Affiliate Disclaimer here.
I love going to the gym and using the rowing machine, but quite frequently I am impacted by people who are already on the machines which causes me to have to wait.
At times this wait has been excruciatingly long and while good on the rowers for kicking butt it made me realize this is something I wanted to have at home to use on MY time.
- 22” HD Interactive Touchscreen Display streams on-demand iFIT workouts into your home directly on your rowing machine; Adjustable Console Angle for a variety of training both on and off your equipment
- 26 Digital Resistance Levels; Your iFIT Trainer auto-adjusts your smart rower’s resistance for an optimized workout that meets your goals and realistically simulates famous bodies of water
- Innovative SpaceSaver Design; Your rower folds in half after your workout for compact storage; Bluetooth Headphone Connectivity; Link your Bluetooth headphones to your rower for an improved experience
- 250-pound user capacity; Protected with a 10-year frame warranty, 2-year parts warranty, and 1-year labor warranty; 50.4” H x 22” W x 86.5” L
Here’s a rundown of what we’ll provide in this NordicTrack RW900 Rower review:
- First we’ll share the features and benefits that you’ll find useful
- Next, we’ll take a look at the drawbacks you might need to know about
- Then, we’ll tell you a bit about the NordicTrack company
- And finally we’ll provide a sampling of actual customer and Independent reviews to give you better insight into the product.
Sound good? Let’s get started!
Features and Benefits of NordicTrack RW900 Rower
- Interactive Personal Training at Home powered by iFit – 1 year iFit membership included with your rower; gain access to on demand, interactive trainer led global and studio workout programs ($396 value)
- 22 inches HD SMART Touchscreen Display – Adjustable console angle, and an ergonomic molded seat for a comfortable, immersive workout
- 26 Coach Controlled resistance levels – Match trainer recommendations and mimic real life water resistance; rower workouts are personalized to your fitness level and goals
- SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance – Also features inertia enhanced flywheel deliver quiet, energy efficient workouts from the comfort of home
- Innovative SpaceSaver Design – allows your rower to fold up after your workout for compact, simple storage; front mounted transport wheels make it easy to move your rower from room to room
Special Features (Pros) of the NordicTrack RW900 Rower
Studio Workouts in Your Home – Stream high-energy studio rowing classes with personal trainers in a motivating and empowering atmosphere any time you want.
Trainers That Move You (iFit) – Our on-demand workouts feature LIVE Interactions where the elite iFit trainers auto-adjust your digital resistance for a great workout.
Endless Training Options – Never be bored again with a variety of workout experiences. With studio sessions to global workouts and even cross-training options like yoga and full-body sculpting, the elite iFit coaches provide limitless variety.
SpaceSaver Design – With an innovative, folding design, the RW900 not only provides a powerful workout but also a compact home storage solution complete with front-mounted transport wheels.
Drawbacks (Cons) for the NordicTrack RW900 Rower
No Bluetooth Connectivity – You aren’t able to connect your Bluetooth headphones or other devices like speakers to this rower.
Customer Support Hours – The customer support should you have issues is only Monday to Friday during standard working hours so if you need to speak with them you will need to call on a break from work.
Issues with iFit Subscription – Many had issues trying to get their 1-year membership completed but this is online and should be filled out on the iFit site.
No On or Off Switch – You read that right, this rower has no button to turn off the rower and in fact requires you to unplug it, even if you wait hours there is no turn off on the device automatically
Video: NordicTrack RW900 Rower
About the NordicTrack Company
NordicTrack is a manufacturer of treadmills, strength training equipment, ellipticals, exercise bikes, and accessories, best known for its classic Nordic ski machine, low-impact exercisers, ellipticals, and incline trainers. The brand is owned and managed by Icon Health & Fitness and is headquartered in Logan, Utah.
Whether you’re a novice or a seasoned marathoner, their iFit programs let you experience everything from the Boston Marathon to the mountains of New Zealand, all guided by expert trainers who will help you step up your game with interactive personal training all from the comfort of your home.
NordicTrack RW Rower Reviews
Looking at the features and benefits is great, but taking a look at what real-and-actual customers have to say about a product offers a deeper dive of insight.
Here we’ve curated reviews that reflect the NordicTrack RW900 Rower, providing feedback from product users and reviewers on independent review sites as well as on Amazon.
Independent Reviews and Recommendations for the NordicTrack RW Rower
The RW900 is a good rower to add to your home gym. It comes with an endless amount of workouts to keep you motivated for years to come. The 22” touchscreen makes it easy to view and follow the workouts, along with your stats. The warranty is generous and shows that Nordictrack is standing behind it’s latest rower.Rowing Reviews
As you can see from the review, the NordicTrack RW900 Rower is making a case to be considered a top-tiered rowing machine.
With 26 levels of magnetic resistance, 10 levels of air adjustability, a 22.0″ monitor, interactive programs that automatically adjust resistance, and a great warranty – I can see why people are raving about this model.Rowing Machine King
The RW900 has one of the largest HD touchscreens you’ll find on a home rower today. And with the iFit streamed classes and trainer led destination rowing workouts, you’ll never run out of fun things to do on this machine.MaybeYesNo
What Customers Have to Say About the NordicTrack RW Rower
Rated year after year consistently with good reviews on Amazon, this fitness rower comes highly recommended.
One person spoke about how they love the option to cancel (mute) the coach and music, this allowed for headphone use without background noise.
Another was very happy with the smooth stroke on their RW900 along with straps holding well and the handles feel good for long term use.
Overall there is a love of the ability to pack it away and the ease at which folding it up for storing while not in use.
Final Thoughts on the NordicTrack RW900 Rower
I love the ability to watch the big screen and get in the workout from home as I am far more likely to do them when I don’t need to travel. I know that this impairs a great many people from accomplishing their health goals due to lack of access.
Tip of the Day – Don’t pay for install, it’s super easy to setup. It takes about 30 minutes and isn’t complex.
I know it may seem like an expensive piece of workout equipment but it will pay for itself over time as a gym membership will cost more than this over the year of membership regardless of the times you use the gym equipment as they thrive on non-attendance.