Keto Meal Planning ( Your Key to Long Term Success )
As an affiliate, we may earn from qualifying purchases. We get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. You can read more on our Affiliate Disclaimer here.
We all know that a keto diet is great for weight loss, but did you know that customizing your plan to suit your needs can also help with increased focus and energy? One of the most common complaints about the keto diet is that it’s difficult to maintain because there are so many restrictions.
But, this doesn’t have to be the case! In this blog post, we will discuss how customizing your keto diet based on what works best for you can help increase concentration levels and give you more energy throughout the day!
Why Is Keto So Difficult for Some People?
For many who haven’t deviated from a Standard American Diet the change to a ketogenic diet can be very hard. The big switch in how your body uses energy to fuel itself causes a lot of people to experience what is called “the keto flu”.
This is basically when you are experiencing symptoms similar to that of getting a cold or the flu because your body is under so much stress due to having to adapt from its normal way of using glycogen and glucose for fuel. You can read more on Keto Flu in our post here.
Requires Tracking Your Food Intake
Let’s be honest, most of humankind hates tracking and while many will say it isn;’t necessary most people have to “recalibrate” their hunger and bodies to what is “normal”.
People tend to overeat 500 or more calories per day when they are on a Standard American Diet, sugars and carbohydrates make for fast energy but they burn fast leading to an urge to eat again.
This 500+ calories per day is what leads to the normal insidious weight gain that all industrial cities and countries seem to experience, they aren’t active enough and they over-consume.
Tracking food and building out a daily menu before the day begins allows you to manage your intake and to figure out how to not be hungry all day while feeling fed and not having those hunger pangs and the afternoon nap feeling after a carb-centric lunch.
People Are Addicted to Carbohydrate and Sugars
Without knowing it most people are highly addicted to carbohydrate and sugars, this is how most people have spent their entire lives getting their energy for the day.
To break this addiction can be a stressful event for a long time, for many to become keto adapted can take many months. To break it you must learn how to limit your carbohydrate and sugar intake.
With keto this is done through fats and proteins, this tandem can give your strong muscles along with a long sustainable energy source that can help you drop significant body fat weight as an added benefit.
While you are in the process of becoming “keto adapted” you will experience feeling “hungry”, this is due to our bodies craving energy as we start to break free from using glycogen for fuel and move towards fat mobilization.
Keto Meal Planning
There are many resources available to help you try and plan out a ketogenic meal plan, having this plan helps you to shop effectively and gives you the best chance to launch into success.
Building and Tracking Your Meals Personally
Using this method you can use Google sheets or Excel to help build the food lists and overall caloric needs for you to purchase the right food to help you in those moments of weakness.
The other popular personal tracking would be through apps like Chronometer and these apps allow you to build recipes and scan labels to give you a simple way to track the foods you are eating.
The issue I see with this approach is that you need to be well versed in the foods you can buy as many have been derailed here by purchasing food they believed to be within the diet needs only to find out later you have been sabotaging your own results.
This leads to finding more content to read or you can go with a service that can help you create meal plans and help you stay on track to get those results.
- Reading Options (Time Intensive) – This will require you to put in the money to buy the books, research and learn the materials, and then the time commitments to put it all together.
- Meal Planning (Balanced) – The best mid-ground which is to use a service like Custom Keto Diet to assist you in building your meal plans for a small fee and all you need to do is buy the groceries and follow the plan provided.
- Meal Delivery (Cost Intensive) – There are a few services which for a big chunk of change will create and deliver meals to you, these won’t always be “made for you” or be the right calories and will be a large expense but saves you the time in many cases.
Tailor Made Custom Keto Diet Plan
If you have problems figuring out how to craft the perfect keto custom diet plan for you, then the custom keto diet planner is just what you need to push yourself to the next level.
The custom keto diet is a custom-tailored keto diet program for each individual. The custom keto diet approach lets people create their own plan by considering their food preferences, daily activity levels, height and weight.
Using scientific research and proven studies to create personalized ketogenic diet plans that maximize fat burning via the correct calories and macronutrients for you to garner the results you are looking for.
Here’s what you will get with Custom Keto Diet:
- An eight-week meal plan created based on the expertise of certified nutritionists, personal trainers, and chefs.
- Meals that have calorie and macronutrient content tailored to their specific situation and goals.
- A nutrition plan with food variety to ensure they will get a wide range of nutrients and boost the likelihood of sticking to their diet.
- Meals that are based on personal food preferences to make their diet enjoyable and help them stay on track with their plan.
- Detailed recipes with step-by-step instructions to make meal preparation super simple (no prior cooking experience needed).
- A downloadable shopping list each week that details every needed ingredient they will need in the upcoming seven days.
- Options on how they can customize every meal even more to suit your taste buds.
- We’ll show them what to eat every day to reach their goals in the fastest and most enjoyable way.
For many this is the perfect way to get started in keto and to get your feet under you, as you eat these meals you will start to change your mentality and will need less help choosing the right foods to get you results.
Choosing to start a ketogenic diet requires focusing on building a strong and competent meal plan to ensure a successful start to your change.
You will need to be well versed in the foods you can buy as many have been derailed here by purchasing food they believed to be within the diet needs only to find out later you have been sabotaging your own results.
To solve this look to a custom meal plan and focus on shopping only for those foods, as this can help you build fill a shopping cart without going off the rails.